What have the River Wye, a good loaf of bread and your rubbish bin got in common? Signing the food charter will improve all of them!
Right now, more than ever Herefordshire Food Alliance are concerned with getting food on your and your neighbours’ plates – the Food Alliance is working across the county to find ways of linking all the good stuff and using all food more efficiently so our businesses, our rivers, and WE are healthy. The newly launched Herefordshire Food Charter is a celebration of – and a pledge to do more towards great local food in Herefordshire. Growing it, choosing it, eating it and sharing it!
Over 50 people have signed since its launch, including Peter Cooks Bread, HealthWatch Herefordshire, the Wildlife Trust, Kids Kitchen and The Burger Shop
You can sign as an individual or a business – or both!
And signing will get you connected to the things that matter to you most. Whether that be food growing, food waste or simply enjoying a good local meal!
To find out more, and to sign, Click here
Rebecca Tully of the Food Alliance and Kids Kitchen with her charter pledge
Are you a farmer, grower, producer or caterer here in Herefordshire? Do you know who could use your surplus food, where to take it and how to do it economically?
Come to a networking event with Ethos and the Food Alliance to prevent food becoming waste and get it on to the county’s plates!
- Green Dragon Hotel, Hereford
- 10th November 2022 3-5.30pm
- Hear about the financial, environmental and social benefits to redistributing surplus food
- Find out about the amazing work our communities are doing to ensure food surplus can be eaten across our county
- Share your issues with getting surplus produce to the community
- Eat some tasty snacks made from surplus produce
No comments yet.