You probably are aware of the issues the River Wye is facing – pollution, flooding, lack of regulation, algal blooms etc. It just seems to get worse. Join us on our walk to draw attention to these issues.
XR are organising a walk along the Wye from source to sea to highlight the plight of the river. You are invited to join any or all of these days on the section from Hereford to Ross. This route will be done in 4 roughly equal c 5 mile stretches. None of it is difficult. The idea is mostly to start at 10.30am and get to our destination by 2.30pm.
The days are:
- Monday 19th July Hereford to Mordiford
- Tuesday 20th July Mordiford to Capler viewpoint (there may be Radio/TV involved that day at Fownhope)
- Wed 21st July No walking day
- Thursday 22nd July Capler to Hole in the Wall
- Friday 23rd July Hole in the Wall to Ross (with Wild Swimmer Angela Jones)
For more info on the project and the issues, see this web page
or Click Here to read a blog on the subject
If you want to join us, you can do it for one day or all four but we need to know in advance for insurance and Covid reasons. Please just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us which days you could commit to joining the walk. We are setting a limit on numbers to manage the Covid risks – probably 12 per day – so you do need to book in rather than just turn up. First come first served!