12.30-4.30pm, 1st July 2023. Castle Green, Hereford.
Come to Save the Wye’s free festival of family friendly events, activities and entertainment! Artists, music, talks and, as a finale, a procession with the magnificent Lady Wye leading the crowd.
- create spectacular dragonflies for the procession and to take home
- join in to make a massive mandala that will be filmed from the sky!
- laugh at the history slam as three characters argue that they should control the river – Queen Elizabeth will rule on their efforts
- marvel at a modern take on Midsummer Night’s dream by HCA students, aimed at 4 -15 year olds but for all of us that are young at heart
- find out more at our information stalls and at the pop up soap box talks on bringing back the river
- enjoy St Thomas Cantilupe school children’s film, Turn the River Around
- join the procession follow the samba band with Lady Wye and giant insects and sculptures made by HCA students and the River Carnival artists
- bring a picnic or treat yourself from our refreshment stalls
Free event – but donations do help us to create events like this, grow our campaign, take action and spread awareness!
Family Ceilidh at St Peter’s Church, St Peters Square, Hereford HR 2DL: 6 – 8.30pm
Afterwards there will be a family friendly Ceilidh dance at St Peter’s Church (tickets available on the day)
Come and celebrate all things to do with the river!
Thank you to Hereford River Carnival, Hereford College of Arts, Forest Thump and Marches Samba and St Peter’s Church and Silver Branch ceilidh band
For more information or to book a stall for your group, contact email@example.com