Members near the border with Powys may be interested in a course being run by Black Mountains College on Saturday 13th August
Bring two or three unsharpened tools with you to the course in Crickhowell, and learn how to make them sharp again rather than replace them!
Run in partnership with Tools for Self Reliance (TFSR) Cymru.
Tickets are free for Powys Residents
For more information and to book your space, click REGISTER
- Learn how to sharpen and maintain edged hand tools
- Discover how to work safely; use appropriate tools, equipment, and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Don’t create waste – learn about what makes a quality tool when purchasing
- Understand the appropriate use of grinders and angle grinders
- Learn the appropriate use of a range of sharpening stones and the difference between oil and wet stones
Meet the Tutor – Jeff Thomas
Tools For Self Reliance Cymru
TFSR Volunteers clean repair and sharpen them and send tool kits to grassroots community groups in several African countries, and refurbish a wide variety of other tools which are sold here in Wales. At present, their efforts are concentrated on Tanzania.