Are you interested in climate change? Would you like to be part of a team helping others to find out more about how to live more sustainably? Do you want to increase your environmental knowledge and receive specialist training on sustainability issues and engaging with visitors? If so, here is an exciting opportunity to get involved!
The Jubilee building at Queenswood is being transformed into a new, part time hub which will be an information and educational resource, highlighting global sustainability issues and showcasing local ideas and solutions to the climate and ecological crisis. Themed exhibitions, literature, films and workshops will highlight different areas of sustainable development, sharing information and creating conversations about what we can do locally.
SFC volunteers will be in direct contact with visitors to the centre, directing people around the exhibits if needed and engaging in conversation about the issues / solutions being showcased.
- Welcoming visitors to the centre and providing information about the current exhibition / films / workshops being shown.
- Engaging visitors in conversation around the issues being highlighted.
- Signposting visitors to local groups / organisations / projects where appropriate.
- Helping out at open days and special events
- A friendly, welcoming person who likes talking to others.
- An enthusiasm for environmental and social issues and the ability to engage in conversation about these without being judgemental.
- The ability to work as part of a team of volunteers and staff working towards the same aim.
Hours: ½ or 1 day per week, or on a rota as part of a team (the SFC will be open on Saturdays from 7th August onwards from 10am to 4pm)
There will be an induction day to get to know the practicalities of the staff, the building and the site and to discuss any training needs.
Please see this link for more information and how to apply.
No comments yet.