Dates of events in November are as follows:
Saturday 4th November Repair Café at the Community Centre 10am -12.30pm
Wednesday 8th November Transition Leominster Social at the Chequers from 7pm
Wednesday 15th November 10am Sociable Cycling, Corn Square weather permitting contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time, with war in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world it seems appropriate that a maquette of the Pity of War sculpture is on display at Hereford Cathedral from Wednesday 25 October until around 11 November. The head of an unknown victim, with ears and eyes covered, but the nose open to the stench of war, it expresses the horror of war. Young people can touch it, as can adults also, but perhaps they will talk to one another and think of another way in which differences can be resolved other than war.
If you have a project that needs money to get it going there is a great opportunity for funding from Transition Together:
Transition Together has announced the latest round of seed funding grants.
- £270,000 to distribute – the biggest yet.
- To registered Transition groups in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Micro grants up to £500, Full grants up to £5,000 and partnership grants, between two or more Transition groups, up to £10,000
- Simple online application process
- Apply by 11.59pm on 7 January 2024
- Made possible by funding from The National Lottery Community Fund
- This is the last round of grants for which there is confirmed funding.
So let Transition Leominster know about your idea and they can support your application.
And don’t forget the CarShare contact email@example.com for more Information.