- Over six billion meals’ worth of edible food goes to waste before making it off farms in the UK.
- Combatting on-farm food waste could boost farm profits, bolster UK food security and help tackle climate change.
The Hidden Waste report (WWF) shows the massive environmental footprint of on-farm food waste, which accounts for around 10% of greenhouse gas emissions from UK farming. In terms of wasted natural resources, producing this food requires an area of land nearly half the size of Wales.
Help Herefordshire Food Charter find a solution locally in Herefordshire at their networking event next Thursday 10th November – Food for the Shire. Turning Food Waste into Food Surplus and supporting community projects.
Find out the ways that your surplus can support Herefordshire socially and environmentally, and not leave your company out of pocket.
- Hear about the financial, environmental and social benefits to redistributing surplus food
- Find out about the amazing work communities are doing to ensure food surplus can be eaten across the county
- Share your issues with getting surplus produce to the community
- Eat some tasty snacks made from surplus produce