New Leaf is looking for someone to deliver phase 1 of the new Sustainability Centre at Queenswood Country Park. If you are passionate and informed about sustainable development and have a flair for design and public engagement, please see the job description below, and send your application to :firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Monday 16th December.
Sustainability Centre Project Officer – Queenswood & Bodenham Lake
Contract status: Self-employed
Contract title: QueenswoodSustainability Centre – Phase 1
Contract manager: QWBL Sustainability Lead
Timescale: Starting in Jan 2020, based on 1.5 days/week over 6 months (max), to be delivered flexibly as required (with the possibility of extension if further funding is secured).
Salary: 39 days @ £120 per day
Location: Flexible – home working and Queenswood Country Park, Dinmore Hill, nr. Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 0PY. (Office space is available but contractor must use own IT equipment).
Please send your C.V. together with a covering letter saying what you can bring and how you think the Sustainability Centre can support delivery of the QWBL vision to: email@example.com by 12pm on Monday 16 December.
We are happy to receive applications from people at the start of their careers who can give us confidence that they can meet our requirements.
Main contract outputs and deliverables:
- Lead on planning and delivering Phase 1 of the Sustainability Centre at Queenswood Country Park and Arboretum with the aim to set up the Sustainability Centre and increase visitor numbers and enrich the visitor experience at both sites in line with the QWBL Partnership Vision (https://www.queenswoodandbodenhamlake.org/about/our-vision), working with the QWBL Sustainability Lead (QWBL SL)) and the New Leaf Sustainable Development Ltd (NL) and Herefordshire Wildlife Trust (HWT) partnership
- Design, procure and install sustainability information and displays in the Sustainability Centre Work (in conjunction with the QWBL Sustainability Lead (QWBL SL))
- Deliver Sustainable Development open days (no c6), workshops (no c6) and pop up events (no c6)
- Procure and install sustainably sourced signage
- Create links with local businesses in support of showcasing their sustainable products at pop-up events and provision of financial support for the Sustainability Centre where possible
- Develop a network of volunteers who can support the promotion of the Sustainability Centre and engage with the public at open days
- Providesimple progress reports and funding plans for the Sustainability Centre
- Retain records of expenditure against grants and information to support end of grant reporting
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate and informed about sustainable development with a:
- flair for design exciting and engaging interpretation material, exhibitions and displays
- experience in managing small projects
- ability to make links with local businesses in professional manner
- ability to recruiting and managing volunteers
- high level of initiative and collaborative working skills
- flexible approach in order to deliver to project deadlines, including some weekend working to support pop up events
- Ensure that New Leaf contractual rules and/or legislation are applied appropriately and ensure invoices for any procured services are prepared within reasonable time constraints
- Work in line with all New Leaf Policies and the QWBL Health and Safety policy
- In all contacts the post holder will be required to present a positive image of the Queenswood & Bodenham Lake Partnership, Herefordshire Wildlife Trust and New Leaf Sustainable Development Ltd, as well as maintaining constructive relationships with other organisations and individuals
- If contact with children or vulnerable adults is expected the Consultant and any sub-contractors will be expected to undertake Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.