An exciting an opportunity has come up to join HGN for 10 months and help run some brilliant events around the County. To know more, have a read of the Job Description below. If you think it sounds just like you, we want to meet you!
Post: Make Do & Mend Facilitator
Herefordshire Green Network (HGN)
Home working, regular meetings mostly in Hereford city, working in communities around Herefordshire (including Hereford, Kington, Leominster, Ledbury and Ross)
This self-employed position is paid at a rate of £120 per day, for 22 days over a 10 month period. Initially this would require 1 day a week, dropping to 1 day a month over the course of the project.
About the role:
This outreach role is an opportunity to become part of the HGN team and support the development of HGN and carbon reduction targets in the county.
The Make Do & Mend Facilitator will work alongside the HGN Administrator and Steering Group as well as HGN Membership, and will focus their work in 6 communities around Herefordshire, coordinating and supporting the development of a series of focused local community events.
Working closely with members of HGN, the Make Do & Mend Facilitator will:
- Engage broadly with six local Herefordshire communities that have been identified
- Support local volunteers and organisations to develop a series of three Make, Do & Mend events in each community over the 10 month period
- Draw together and support local volunteer teams in each community
- Work closely with community leaders in each community
- Coordinate with the HGN Administrator to provide social media and blog updates about the work in communities
- Support the development of an online manual that will enable other
communities to put together their own Make, Do & Mend events
The work involves:
- Working closely with a broad range of local community groups and community providers
- Liaising widely with local community groups, also with local businesses where appropriate and with other county organisations
- Supporting and developing publicity for HGN
- Working in accordance with the HGN constitution
The Make Do & Mend Facilitator will ideally possess some or all of the following attributes and be able to demonstrate them in their experience / studying /
membership of clubs or extracurricular activities, or previous work experience.
- Knowledge of / commitment to sustainability issues
- Knowledge of / interest in working community engagement
- Knowledge of / interest in event planning, organisation & delivery
- Knowledge of / interest in publicity & communication
Skills, Competencies & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills,
both verbal & written
- Proven skills in recruiting, engaging volunteers and supporting them to achieve their goals
- Ability to process and interpret complex information and data
- Ability to communicate with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Experience of engaging and publicising successfully through social media & websites
- Experience of remote working over a large rural area
- Ability to identify peoples’ skills, match those skills to tasks and delegate accordingly
- Exceptional networking skills
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including a covering letter showing how you meet each aspect of the person specification and CV. You will receive a reply to confirm that your application has arrived.
Final date for applications:
Thursday 18th April 2019
Interview date for successful applicants:
Thursday 25th April
1st May 2019
We look forward to hearing from you!