Round 2 of the Warm Homes Fund has opened for applications.
The Warm Homes Fund is a £150million fund funded by the National Grid and administered by Affordable Warmth Solutions (AWS). The fund aims to help make households warmer, healthier and cheaper to heat. Running over 3-years and providing capital funding for the installation of affordable heating solutions in fuel poor households who do not use mains gas as their primary heating fuel. This can include:
- Condensing Gas
- Oil and LPG boilers
- Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Bio Mass Boilers; etc.
The Fund is open to bids from local authorities, housing associations and their partners and is split in to three categories focusing on urban, rural and health-related solutions.
Successful proposals will highlight:
- The number of fuel poor households supported
- Strategic fit with the Governments Fuel Poverty Strategy
- Value for money
- The benefit created i.e. energy efficiency increases and bill savings
- Strength of delivery plans, project management and assurance of delivery.
The closing date for applications is the 9th February 2018.
Areas eligible should be either in the fuel poverty index, or in bottom 25% IMD – this would include the whole of South Wye ( and bits of North Hereford), most of Leominster and Tudorville in Ross.
Anyone with imagination who would like to do something with this – please do get in touch!