HGN AGM: Wednesday 14th April 2021 5.30pm – 7pm
Please join us at this important meeting to elect a new Steering Group, adopt a new constitution and hear about our exciting plans for the future.
As we head out of lockdown and towards COP26 there has perhaps never been a more important time to get more involved with Herefordshire Green Network.
As our organisation and the need for our work in the county continues to grow we are inviting you to join the HGN Steering Group. We need people with varied skills to support and steer our shared work in the county.
Please have a look at the list of Steering Group roles attached here in our Briefing Document (item 3.2) and consider whether one of these roles appeals to you.
If you would be interested to join the Steering Group please contact us:
- Send a short paragraph saying who you are, which role would interest you, and (briefly) what you would bring to the Steering Group.
- No more than 100 words
- Send to email@example.com by the end of Tuesday 13th April.
We are really looking forward to growing HGN’s opportunity. We are an increasingly recognised and trusted voice in the county, with significant strategic links to complement and support the work of our membership in communities around Herefordshire.
Join us in stepping up to the challenges ahead over the coming few years to 2030.
Why, What, How ..
Over the past year our values have focused our work and engagement around Herefordshire, and our intention for 2021 – 22 is to facilitate ‘Herefordshire’s Great Collaboration’ to address the climate and ecological crisis.
For a full outline of our values and the work we are currently doing – as well as our forward plans towards 2030 please click here for our HGN Briefing document.
Over the past year we responded rapidly to the changes necessitated by lockdowns, and ..
- Held online gatherings, workshops and events attended by hundreds of people from in and around Herefordshire
- Represented HGN members on the Herefordshire Council’s ‘Climate and Ecological Emergency Steering Group’, supporting the development of a plan for Herefordshire to reach net zero carbon by 2030
- Extended the work of The Great Collaboration to include focused online resources, workshops and forums for Herefordshire’s parish and county councillors
- Collaborated with our partners Caplor Horizons to develop a unique online portal for local councils to use with their communities, that aims to ‘.. bring people together and take action on the environmental crisis at local, regional and national levels whilst informing and influencing policy making‘. Check out the Portal here: www.greatcollaboration.uk It is currently piloting in Fownhope before being made more widely available.
- Worked with our new sponsors The DM Labs to create a new HGN website and to streamline our admin systems
- Published over 300 articles in our weekly newsletter
- Held our first “Building Sense: Creating Comfort and Cutting Carbon” event, with plans to develop further resource and opportunity with this exciting new project
- Worked with a wide range of the county’s community facing organisations and local engagement experts to develop relationships and strategy for a wider engagement process for the county over the coming year
- Increased our Group Membership by 25%
The AGM will cover plans and developments for the coming year, with an opportunity to get a walk through of The Portal to The Great Collaboration, and to ask questions.
As explained in our 2020 AGM last October, we are getting our annual reporting back into sync with our financial year (in case you were wondering about the short time between AGM meetings).
Zoom link: HGN AGM 2021 Apr 14, 2021 05:30 PM Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85478305595 Meeting ID: 854 7830 5595
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join Zoom by phone
NB. If you are an HGN Member and have not received a personalised invitation, please check your spam and contact email@example.com if you can’t find it.