Carnival: h.Energy Area 2018
The h.Energy Village at Hereford River Carnival
Here’s all you need to know about our festival within a festival!
This year we are back at the heart of the River Carnival action next door to the Music Pool Tent. The h.Energy Village is a collaboration between Herefordshire Green Network, New Leaf and Hereford College of Art, along with HGN’s own Plastic Action Here team..
All day long you will find… great activities that are low in carbon and high in fun! Have a look at the image or scroll down for more info and links.
There is still time to sign up to help!
- What you can do…
- Join the Big River Clean Up on Saturday 28th April, 11am – 1pm.
- Be part of our Plastic Action Here team – join activities in the Art Lab & the #PlasticActionHere Marquee, customise #PAH! paper bags for Carnival stall holders & the Left Bank Etsy Market, & sign people up for Plastic Action Herefordshire after the Carnival..
- Be a Recycling Angel and help the public to recycle their waste at the h.Energy Village’s One&Only onsite Recycle Station
- Put Up & Take Down – put your weight behind setting up Marquees and gazebos for our Village stalls & for the Carnival generally…
- Look after our small h.Energy Village Café
Or there’s more… check our sign up form here
- Tell everyone about our other great events coming up – In Our Hands Film and Three Acres and a Cow Folk Theatre
Or just email email@example.com to let us know what you can do…
ARTS LAB– bizarre & fantastic recycled plastic activities: life-drawing classes with plastic models… storytelling from a scaffolding bed… plastic weaving and magnetic art… biodegradable glitter wrestling & face-painting from Fairy Love, plastic sculpture seating.. and much more.
In the PlasticActionHere Marquee
The Plastic Action Here team! Making and printing paper bags to give away, signing people up to local single use plastic action, and full of good advice and information about plastics & recycling… come and join in..
The Bean Café – a delicious bean burger bar.. with homemade cakes & lemonade too
New Leaf’s craftivism Cardboard Cut Out plastic action
Tilly & the Onion Project:
…And at 12.30 come and meet Richard Fishbourne of Bugs & Beasties and the Hereford Yazor Brook Restoration Project. Richard will talk about the essential part our local waterways play in the environmental health of the city, and the impact on habitats of plastic pollution.
On the Village Market
Bring your bike along for some free TLC, repair & maintenance with Dr Phil of the Herefordshire Green Network; get money saving advice from Money Saving Jane; have fun with recycled crafts & activities or get all the information you need about local environmental issues; buy plastic free sanitary towels and environmentally friendly household cleaning materials, plus craft made furnishings and craft beer!… Ooh and blow bubbles with a bike! Or fry an egg if you’d rather …
Plus our own One&Only recycling station– with Recycling Angels to offer recycling advice.
Electric vehicles & info, fire pits to keep you warm, and straw bales for seating…
Charge your phone with the help of Solar Kinetics.
In the gorgeous Oakwrights Cruck Frame, come to Wierdshire…