Vacancies & Opportunities
We’ve had an influx of job and vacancy notifications over the past couple of weeks. Here are the links if you are looking for work in environmental or social sustainability in Herefordshire.
Litter Innovation Fund Project Manager
- To successfully manage the 6 month Litter Innovation Fund Project
- To research the impact of bin rationalisation on litter levels through better understanding of public behaviours
- To develop a public awareness campaign to educate the public about bin rationalisation
- To collate data and write a project report for submission to WRAP at the end of the project
The fixed budget available for the successful management of this project over the 6 month period is £3,600
Expressions of interest should be submitted to Hoople Agency by Friday 6th July 2018
Herefordshire Wildlife Trust:
Volunteer Trainee Reserves Officer
- This role offers an opportunity to gain practical work experience and training in practical and applied conservation work and is the ideal first step in gaining a career in conservation while making a positive contribution to the conservation of Herefordshire’s habitats and species.
- Salary: this is not a salaried role though some expenses will be reimbursed.
- Closing date: 1st August 2018
- The successful candidate will be required to work when needed, also at short notice at times and, in accordance with the business needs, across our two shops based in Ledbury and in Queenswood County Park near Leominster. As such the successful candidate will be considered to be a bank/casual worker and will not be guaranteed any hours.
- Flexibility to work weekends as well as week days is essential.
- Salary: national minimum wage
- Closing date: 3rd June 2019
Building Better Opportunities Herefordshire:
Part-time Key Support Worker
This role will focus on Hereford South Wye and on those who are furthest from the labour market, helping them engage in activity improve their skills and move forwards into employment. Full details in the attached document here.
And talking of opportunities – we’re very excited to be interviewing 3 excellent candidates for the role of HGN Administrator on Monday morning next week. Hold onto your hats as things move around at HGN and make space for some new ideas and new faces ahead…