Applications are invited for a part-time Campaign Coordinator in Shropshire.
The person appointed will be an independent contractor and not an employee.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating a campaign to raise awareness of the importance of rural bus services in Shropshire and the benefits (social, health, economic, climate change) of transferring car trips to buses for as many journeys as possible. Information about the campaign is provided in the annex.
- Contacting all town and parish councils on a regular basis to seek advice on campaigning issues, and update councillors on the progress of the campaign.
- Arranging and managing meetings, as required, with Shropshire councillors, MPs and the Media to encourage support for the aims and objectives of the campaign and report on progress.
- Maintaining accurate meeting minutes and records of decisions and actions.
- Arranging meetings of the Steering Committee in consultation with the Chair.
- Arranging public meetings at specific stages of the campaign.
- Setting up and managing a website for the Campaign.
- Maintaining a database of contacts in public office, supporting organisations, and operators who need to be included in correspondence.
Skills and Personal Qualities Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to communicate effectively with senior public figures.
- Excellent English grammar and basic mathematical skills.
- Basic IT skills for email, Word Processing and Spreadsheets.
- Social media skills would be an advantage but not essential.
- Most importantly – a belief in, and enthusiasm for, the objectives of the campaign.
The independent contractor will be for 1 year in the first instance and the PTCC will be expected to work 46 weeks in the first year.
The PTCC will:
- be an independent contractor responsible
for all his/her own taxation, insurance and NI matters.
- be contracted to supply 8 hours per week at the “living wage” which is £9 per hour.
- submit invoices to the Foundation for Integrated Transport for payment one month in arrears.
- report to John Whitelegg on a regular basis (frequency to be confirmed) either orally or through a short written report.
- be expected to work from home or from a location of their choosing and use their own IT and Telecommunications equipment and stationary. Any consumable expenses (e.g. paper and printer cartridges, telephone charges and travel expenses) will be reimbursed on production of receipts.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae and a covering letter to Professor John Whitelegg email@example.com explaining why they are applying for the position and what specialist knowledge or skills they can bring to the job.