Who can be a Herefordshire Green Network Member?
Anyone in Herefordshire who has a commitment to encouraging environmental sustainability and future resilience, including individuals, groups, organisations, parish/town councils and businesses (both ‘for’ and ‘not for’ profit).
Herefordshire Green Network currently includes representatives of over 80 local organisations, groups and businesses with an interest in environmental & energy reduction issues.
See our HGN Group Members listing here: https://hgnetwork.org/hgn-members/
Please note: We are in the process of updating the member information. If you are the representative of a member organisations and want to update your link, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What HGN can offer its Members:
Varied platforms to share your activities with a wider audience, including:
o Weekly website news & email updates (www.hgnetwork.org / Mailchimp)
o Shared county calendar of events (Google Calendar)
o Quarterly outward facing ‘HGN Gatherings’ in central Hereford
o Film & Discussion nights at Hereford Courtyard
o Quarterly Members’ Meetings
o Local & county events (e.g. Hereford River Carnival / Spring Greens / h.Energy)
o Fora to enable peer-to-peer skill and experience sharing
o A virtual hub for resource and information sharing
o Free training on the issues of running small groups, projects and campaigns, including fundraising, social media, volunteer engagement, policy change, PR, capacity building etc.
o Provision of information about national and regional initiatives that increase local sustainability / the sustainability of our member groups and organisations
o A growing online Directory of local regional & national contacts that Members can contribute to: https://hgnetwork.org/directory
o A shared strong voice to lobby on areas of common interest and concern for member groups
What HGN expects from its Members:
HGN Members and Associate Members will
- Conform with HGN’s general Vision and Mission, Aims and Actions
- Have a willingness to share information and experience for mutual benefit
- Be willing to publicise your Membership of HGN on your website (if appropriate) including a link to HGN website.
- Allow us to include your group details on our website
- Be aware and accepting of HGN’s organisational policies (including our Safeguarding Policy and Ethical Policy)
- Have read and agreed with our Constitution
How to Apply:
To apply for membership interested parties need to click here and complete the application form.
Payment can be made via BACS to the account listed on the form, or by cheque/cash – please contact us if you’d prefer the latter.
Our annual rates for annual membership (April-March) are:
- Unwaged/students: £0 – £5
- Waged individuals: £15
- Not-for-profit and Volunteer led organisations: £25
- Parish/Town councils £50
- For-profit organisations: £50
A small monthly contribution can help us make a big impact.
The Covid 19 situation has meant that HGN have lost almost all of our core grant funding at a time when the climate and ecological crises mean that our network is more needed than ever. We need the support of organisations / individuals who are able to pay something towards our running costs in order to remain viable, but if you are unable to pay or can offer services in place of fees, please contact email@example.com.
For larger businesses, please contact us if you would like to sponsor HGN
To contribute by BACS: Herefordshire Green Network, Sort code: 30-91-91 (Lloyds Bank), Account number: 29138760. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to pay by cheque.
In return for Membership organisations / individuals will receive:
- A copy of the HGN logo for their use
- A weekly copy of our eNewsletter
- An invitation to our Whatsapp / SLACK forum (to be arranged over the coming months)
- An invitation to share our Google Calendar / website calendar
- Notifications of our HGN Gatherings & quarterly Member’s Meetings
- Free entry to all of our training workshops and events
- (Groups) Entry in our online Members List and link to your organisation
- (Groups) Entry on our county map (coming soon)
- Regular Members Meetings, Gatherings, film showings and events
Members will be responsible for:
- Sending events, news & information to the HGN Administrator (email: email@example.com) for posting on our website in an easily transferable and readable style: Formatted in Word / or in the body of an email – not a pdf or jpg please; no more than 100-300 words; accompanied by a photo or logo for uploading.
A protocol document defining HGN criteria for online news / postings & event sharing will be developed over the coming months.
If any of you would like to check the HGN constitution, and see what we’ve all said we do, you’ll find it here.