From Nat and Alan: Details of upcoming talks are below. Please, as ever, do pass on to individual friends and family, but please do not share this access information publicly on social media.
WEDNESDAY 21 APRIL 2021 Richard Priestley : “Big Questions, Unthinkable Answers”, “Possibilities : Herefordshire”.
Richard will present the eighth and final one in his series of talks Big Questions: ‘Unthinkable’ Answers. The talk will be titled ‘Possibilities: Herefordshire’.
In a departure from previous sessions Richard will not show slides. We will review and discuss what we remember from the previous seven sessions in this series and see what we might learn from them that could be applied within our local context.
- Can we imagine Herefordshire in some decade’s time?
- System change: how would politics, the economy and society be different if combating the climate/ecological & social justice emergencies was the key determinate of global policy making? How would that re-shape the World, and Herefordshire?
- What that we take for granted now would be considered inconceivable then?
- How would our lives be different in a post fossil fuel era?
- How would Hereford city look? Would we still have foreign holidays? Would anyone still own a car?
- How would the Hereford landscape be different if carbon sequestration was a key objective of land management? How would we produce more food?
Time: Apr 21, 2021 19:30 Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 872 4430 8242 Passcode: 623704
BY THE WAY…can you share this link with your friends? We are trying to increase the size of our mailing list. Could you send this link to subscribe to anyone you think might like to join the mailing list –> click here
CATCH UP on what you’ve missed on YouTube…. Did you know that we have our own dedicated YouTube channel now, with a video play-list of many of our previous discussion evenings? Catch up here!
SUGGESTIONS & FEEDBACK :- We love to hear from people, so if you would like to ask questions, comment, pass us any feedback or suggestions for topics or speakers, email: