Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic individual with a passion for the environment?
Herefordshire Council is looking for a motivated Principal Sustainability and Climate Change Officer who has excellent communication and management skills. This is an exciting opportunity to join the council’s Sustainability & Climate Change Team which has responsibility for carbon reduction, environmental management, active travel and energy.
The main activities include:
• To project manage numerous active travel, carbon management and environmental awareness projects across the council.
• To lead the development and delivery of invest to save initiatives, from initial business case development through to project implementation, in order to reduce the Councils revenue costs.
• To promote active travel and develop initiatives aimed at changing travel behaviour and increasing levels of active travel in Herefordshire.
• To manage the Council’s corporate energy budget and to develop and deliver energy efficiency projects.
• To act as line manager and to co-ordinate project teams comprising staff from other teams and service areas.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of corporate strategies, policies and initiatives, including the Carbon Management Plan and Employee Travel Plan.
• To actively identify, develop and secure external funding applications
• To manage capital & revenue budgets
Closing Date: 07/12//2020 Click here for more details