The government are offering Local Councils funding for installation of electric vehicle charge points but still only 5 Councils have so far taken them up on it! This may be something that local groups would like to encourage their councils and others to consider, and here are some links to help with that process:
- Details of current funding for electric vehicles are available on the government’s Office for Low Emission Vehicles web pages.
- On Street Residential Chargepoint Scheme.
- A government press release to encourage uptake of this scheme by Local Authorities.
- Workplace Charging Scheme (voucher towards charge point for staff and/or fleet).
- Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme for domestic properties.
Please do pass this on – and thanks to John Rhymer from Transition Worcester for the info.